These rolls are so easy to make, very popular with butter or stuffed with deli meat and cheese, it is a perfect lunch snack and is usually paired with a nice cup of coffee. This is a basic recipe but you can jazz it up with potatoes*,herbs, garlic, onion, just add to the dough. Enjoy!
- 3 and 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 table spoons of sugar
- 1 table-spoon of salt
- 1 and 1/2 tea-spoon of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 3 eggs
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk. Pour milk, 2 eggs, oil or butter, sugar and salt in a blender and blend well, about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture in a large bowl and add the flour slowly. Mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated. Then use your hands to gently knead until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Roll about 16 rolls placing them on cookie sheet. Beat the other egg and brush the top of each roll. Then place them in oven at a 350F for 18 minutes. Notice that oven is not to be preheated.
*If making potato rolls, you will need 2 potatoes peeled and boiled until very soft. Add the potatoes to the blender with the other ingredients.