Pao de Queijo
They are very tasty and very popular in Brazil especially in the State of Minas Gerais, perfect with coffee, as a snack, party treats , with dinner, with cream cheese and jam, anyway you want. Very easy to make and gluten free.
You can never eat just one!
- 1 Pkg 15 Oz of Tapioca Starch
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups grated Parmesan, Romano Cheese or any cured cheese ( real cheese, not the ones with binders and fillers at the store shelf)
- 1Tsp of Salt
- Bring milk to a boil and turn off the heat. Add tapioca starch and mix with a fork until some gooey lumps are formed. Do not mix completely but mostly, leaving some starch still loose in the pot. Set aside and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Transfer the gooey starch to an electrical mixer or a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix/knead until a dough is formed, keep kneading until lumps are gone.
- Take small amounts like a teaspoon full and roll them into balls, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- It will make approximately 40 rolls. If you do not want to bake them all, cover rolls with a plastic wrap and freeze them. Once frozen, place them in a zip lock bag and store in freezer. Take out as many as you want when ready to bake. They bake beautifully frozen.