Pão de Queijo
They are very tasty and very popular in Brazil especially in the State of Minas Gerais, perfect with coffee, as a snack, party treats , with dinner, with cream cheese and jam, anyway you want. Very easy to make and gluten free.
They are also delicious stuffed with guava marmalade.
You can never eat just one!
- 1 Pkg 14 Oz of Tapioca Starch
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup crumbled fresh cheese like farmer’s cheese or “Queso Blanco”.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Bring milk, oil and salt to a boil. When milk mixture starts to grow and turn off the heat. Add tapioca starch and mix with a fork until some gooey lumps are formed. Do not mix completely but mostly, leaving some starch still loose in the pot. Set aside and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Transfer the gooey starch to a food processor. Add all other ingredients and mix/knead until a dough is formed.
- Take small amounts like a teaspoon full and roll them into balls, place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- It will make approximately 40 rolls. If you do not want to bake them all, cover rolls with a plastic wrap and freeze them. Once frozen, place them in a zip lock bag and store in freezer. Take out as many as you want when ready to bake. They bake beautifully frozen.