Chocolate chip cookies are not a Brazilian original but as a Brazilian living in the United States for so long I learned to love and to make them for my family. This is also not a traditional chocolate chip recipe, it is a vegan adaptation as we are moving more towards vegetarian and vegan foods. I have not seen chocolate chips that are 100% chocolate, it is usually milk chocolate, so I use dark chocolate bar ( no milk) and cut into chunks. It is absolutely delicious! You will be hooked!
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
2 cups almond flour
1 table-spoon “neategg” vegan egg substitute
1/4 cup almond milk ( or any non dairy)
4 OZ unsweetened dark chocolate 100% cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor, beat the dates and peanut butter until all mixed and smooth
- Add almond flour and process.
- Dissolve “neategg” on non dairy milk and add to food processor. A ball of dough should be formed now but if still dry and crumbly add another spoon of non dairy milk.
- Place dough in a bowl, break chocolate into very small chunks and mix with your hands making sure dough incorporates all the chocolate chunks.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper, roll dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let it stand for 10 min.
- place cookies on a rack or a plate and sprinkle powdered sugar.