The original recipe for this cake was given to me by a dear Brazilian friend, Marta Caputo. This cake is super moist and light . It will please everyone. It is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.. enjoy!
- 1 and 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- 3/4 cup of sunflower oil or coconut oil.
- 1 cup of orange juice divided in two parts.
- Zest of one orange.
- 1 cup of cake flour .
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- 3/4 cup of applesauce. ( the applesauce substitutes the eggs ).
- 1/4 cup raw sugar.
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a blender , food processor or cake beaters, mix apple sauce, sugar, oil, half a cup of orange juice and orange zest.
- Transfer to a bowl and flour and baking powder.
- Place dough in a floured Bundt cake mold.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork comes clean from the center. Let it cool for 10 minutes and transfer cake to a serving platter.
- Mix the other half or orange juice with the raw sugar. Prick the cake all over with a fork and drizzle the orange sugar all over perforated parts. Dust with powdered and sugar!