This recipe is a family favorite. It is easy to prepare, simple and elegant. A wonderful dish for every occasion.
1 whole roasted chicken from your favorite store
1 package of Farfale pasta
2 TBSP butter
4 CUPS milk
2 TBSP corn starch
1 container of French fresh cream* or 1 pint whipping cream
1/2 TSP nutmeg
2 TSP Herbes de Provence
3/4 CUP shredded Asiago cheese
1 CUP shredded Havarti cheese
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and shred into pieces and set aside.
- Cook pasta in boil water for 8 minutes.
- Don’t drain pasta. Instead scoop pasta in to a large Pyrex dish 13 in x 9 in approximately.
- Add chicken to pasta.
- Dissolve corn starch in milk. Melt butter is a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add milk and starch, nutmeg, 1 TSP of the herbs the Provence, salt and pepper and bring to a boil stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add cream and bring to a boil again stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Turn off heat and stir in 1/2 cup Asiago cheese.
- Pour French cream over pasta and chicken. Cover all with Havarti cheese. Sprinkle 1 TSP Herbes de Provence over it and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with aluminum paper and bake for 30 minutes. Let it stand for 8 minutes before serving.
Prepare your favorite salad to accompany this meal and Bon Appetit!!
* French cream is easily found in the gourmet cheese area of many grocery stores