“Pave de Chocolate” is my signature recipe. I kept this recipe as a secret for a long time. It was one of my best kept secrets, now revealed for you to enjoy.
It is decadent, creamy, cold and dreamy!
This recipe was originally made with “lady finger” cookies but they were really hard to find in the USA back in the day so I substituted for graham crackers.
It’s now easy to find lady fingers, but I kept the graham crackers in the recipe. They make the recipe more affordable and delicious.
- 1 Box of honey graham crackers
- 1 Can fat free condensed milk
- 1 Cup of skim milk
- 4 oz Coffee liqueur
- 1 Pint whipping cream
- 4 oz unsweetened 100% dark chocolate
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 13×9 rectangular glass or ceramic dish
- Put chocolate chips in freezer.
- Melt dark chocolate in a water bath
- Pour condensed milk in a food processor or blender add the melted chocolate and mix well, pour in a large bowl, set aside.
- Put whipping cream in food processor and whip until very fluffy. Add whipped cream slowly to chocolate mix folding with a fork to preserve the air pockets. Cover and place in freezer for 30 min.
- Mix milk and coffee liqueur in a bowl. Dip graham crackers one by one in this mixture and place in rectangular dish forming one layer. Spread some of the chocolate mousse on top. Repeat this procedure, layering the crackers and mousse until the crackers are finished. The last layer must be of chocolate mousse.
- Put frozen chocolate chips in a food processor using a shredding blade and shred to pieces. Sprinkle all over the chocolate mousse.
- Cover the dish and place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Keep in freezer between servings.