YUM! Pumpkin Pie with a Brazilian twist!
Pumpkin and coconut combinations are very popular in Brazilian cuisine. It makes delicious fudges, cakes, ice creams and soups. It is a perfect pair ! Oh! and vegans, just omit the Chantilly cream or substitute it for vegan cream or gelatto from your local store.
- 2 cups of fresh mashed pie pumpkin .
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1 can coconut milk.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 tsp nutmeg.
- 1 tsp ground cloves.
- 8 oz ginger snaps.
- 1/4 cup almond, sun flower or coconut oil.
- 1 pint whipping cream*.
- 3 tbsp sugar.*
- 1 tsp vanilla.*
*If Vegan, omit these ingredients.
- Pre heat oven to 350 F. Grease pie pan with oil.
- In a blender or food processor, grind the ginger snaps and place it in pie pan. Drizzle the oil over it and press the crumbles down. Place it in oven for 10mim.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor mix the mashed pumpkin with coconut milk, brown sugar and the spices.
- Pour over the ginger crumbles pie crust and bake for 50 min. let it cool for 10 min before serving. Garnish with Chantilly cream or your favorite vegan cream. Sprinkle Cinnamon on top.
- to make Chantilly cream, simply beat whipping cream in a food processor or beaters until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla slowly folding with a fork. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.